Update for Mainline Reservations Agents
The CWA/IBT Association and the Company have extended the trial mando agreement for another three week period, which will run from July 26 through August 15. This information is for the use and education of CWA/IBT Association members only. It is confidential and should not be shared with any organization outside the Company or the Union.
All Domestic Reservations Representatives will have the option to choose between working 12 hours of flex mandatory overtime during the new mandatory overtime period or take their chances at being called for mandatory overtime as outlined in Article 7.
- Full-time and part-time team members can choose to work an additional 4 hours/week of mandatory overtime at the applicable rate for a total of 12 hours during the specified period.
- Full-time and part-time team members who do not select their hours by 11:59pm Central Time (CT) on Sunday, July 25, will automatically opt into the mandatory overtime outlined in Article 7.
- The Company can call additional mandatory overtime during this period if the operation necessitates. However, team members who select to work 12 hours of flex mandatory overtime will be exempt.
The extension runs from July 26-August 15, 2021, with the option to extend by mutual agreement.
- Team members that select their 12 hours will have the flexibility to decide when they want to work the overtime between July 26-August 15.
- Sign-ups for team members to choose their hours will be done via key survey and must be completed by 11:59pm CT on Sunday, July 25.
- Team members that do not select their hours by 11:59pm CT on Sunday, July 25, will automatically opt into the traditional mandatory overtime program outlined in Article 7.
- Team members selecting flex mandatory overtime hours will have the time coded in Aspect as MADD for tracking purposes.
- Team members selecting their flex mandatory overtime hours will not have the option of canceling their requested hours. However, hours can be moved around between July 26– August 15 by contacting WFS.
- Team members will not be required to work on their days off unless they choose or take their chances on the mandatory overtime application in Article 7.
- The Company will make some DAT time available by site/desk between July 26-August 15. [426 DAT days awarded between 6/21-7/3 and 458 DAT days awarded between 7/5-7/25]
- Team members who select their mandatory overtime hours and have DAT days assigned through the vacation budget will have overtime prorated at a reduction of 1 hour per DAT day. DAT days applied to SWAPs will not be prorated and will be required to work the full overtime requirement.
- Team members who select their mandatory overtime hours and have vacation scheduled (other than DAT) will be prorated at 1 hour per day and exempt from the overtime including days off in conjunction with their vacation.
- Team members who select their mandatory overtime hours and take paid SK or FMLA will be prorated at 1 hour per day.
- Part-time team members that opted in to the temp full-time program between July 26-August 15 are exempt from the 12 hours.
- All deployed agents will be required to work the mandatory hours on the phone.
- Any mandatory hours will not be put towards required incentive overtime hours.
- Timeline to sign up for the 12 flex mandatory hours will be communicated to all agents on Wednesday, July 21th.
We understand the additional pressures members are under during this unprecedented period. We will continue to work to find ways to improve your flexibility and work experience while we get through this difficult time.